Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
10,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm honestly impressed by the performance of the tbi engine in the 159. It felt like it would still pull into the limiter in 6th. And it was so stable at that speed! But then again that car pushed 162kW and 354Nm on the dyno so it's a good engine :thumbs:

· Registered
10,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ital, yes through and through! Loved it since 2005 but didn't like the previous look with the wheels not filling the arches enough. When the new generation was introduced I bought one immidiately and was also immidiately surprised by the ride, handling, braking and overall quality. I'm so glad I didn't settle for a G a year earlier. Most of my friends who bought Giuliettas, have now bought Ti's...

I got a PM from MP over the weekend. It is amazing how much can be gained from doing relatively little! And them people say Alfas are not tunable! :wow:

I'd like to have one or two power mods done but will need to do some research first.

· Registered
10,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Guili that's not the type of research I mean. I know what to do, I just need to confirm what it sounds like with the filter and DP, does it throw out errors, do components like gearboxes etc get damaged with the increased torque...

I'll go with Novitec.

Another thing: I've been reading up on how people diss our fuel with statements like "poor quality" etc when our fuel is pretty damn good when compared to the rubbish they put into their cars in europe. Our fuel might have lower octane ratings, but quality (water content and cleanliness) is actually very good. And, european TBi engines boost to 1.2 bar and sometimes 1.3 when all the witchcraft happens at the same time. On our 95 octane fuel, my car can boost to 1.4 bar with no issues. That already says a lot...

...so with the tuning box installed she should be able to make some serious horses, which I like! :thumbs:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.