Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm honestly impressed by the performance of the tbi engine in the 159. It felt like it would still pull into the limiter in 6th. And it was so stable at that speed! But then again that car pushed 162kW and 354Nm on the dyno so it's a good engine :thumbs:

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
Ian. You should have been at the track. All that giulietta power and a 159 was running away and playing with the gt and gtas

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Ian. You should have been at the track. All that giulietta power and a 159 was running away and playing with the gt and gtas
Nothing stuck around with Chris' Giulietta.. That car was hauling...

When he parked a guy came up to him and asked whats up with this car..

To quote he said "whats up with this car, I have a Giulietta QV and it doesn't pull like this.. " :cheese:

Saw a Pastel Red 159 in ti spec.. Bloody hell I want one

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
But seriously paul, what the hell did you do to your 159? i saw it on the track, it hauls ass! :eek: looked like a 200Kw car more than 147kw

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
But seriously paul, what the hell did you do to your 159? i saw it on the track, it hauls ass! :eek: looked like a 200Kw car more than 147kw
+1

Have a small video clip of his 159 harassing a few cars.. :cheese:

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
Shhhh. Lol. I love that 159. I would be hard pressed to ever get rid of it.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
I'm so sad I missed it!

Had a successful 2nd birthday party though

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Good reports coming from the Spider tuning box and I believe they are doing an AO discount at the moment...then fit a DP

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ital, yes through and through! Loved it since 2005 but didn't like the previous look with the wheels not filling the arches enough. When the new generation was introduced I bought one immidiately and was also immidiately surprised by the ride, handling, braking and overall quality. I'm so glad I didn't settle for a G a year earlier. Most of my friends who bought Giuliettas, have now bought Ti's...

I got a PM from MP over the weekend. It is amazing how much can be gained from doing relatively little! And them people say Alfas are not tunable! :wow:

I'd like to have one or two power mods done but will need to do some research first.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Its simple Ian, the research has been done for you already. MP, Guili and Prince Nero have new generation cars that have been tuned in basically the same way. One uses a piggyback that, thank GOD, can be tuned, others have files stored on their ECU's. Depends what you want.

I'd go with how MP tuned his car...do a DP, they are not that expensive and then import the Novitec or Spider tuning box and set it to a little higher since you're at the coast. Also do drop in filter, I'm not familiar with the 159Ti intake pipe layout, does MP have a CAI or a drop in filter?

Those 2 or 3 mods won't cost you near R10k but will improve the drivability of the car so much more.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts