Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, maybe someone knows how to turn exactly Full-Auto on AR 159? there is two auto buttons but its only regulates temp and speed, so i want to switch from Auto to Full-Auto and i can see that Full word (it does not glowing red of course) before Auto in the screen. thanks in advance:) AR 159 Ti, 2009 (two-zone climate control)

·
Registered
636 Posts
Do you have the demistsensor, no sensor no full auto.
And you change of from auto to full auto by pressing the buttons that say "auto"

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
actually, i dont know if i have it but when I press Auto button several times it just turns on Auto and turn off on the screen. so if this happens to me,then looks like i dont have demist sensor? and cant go to Full-Auto?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is the one.
So, i have demist sensor but why i cant turn on full auto in cc? as I read in forums some says that compressor turns on to demist windscreen and dehumidifies the air only when u leave full-auto in cc and then turning off your car.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Looking at your year of manufactering the car, it will never lit up this “FULL”.

As from the 2nd series, the control panel changed on a few points. One of them is that if you want to have it on AUTO synchronized you need to hold the auto-button for a few secs longer. The mono-button as it was on previous series was deleted from the panel.

I guess nothing is wrong with yours. You can however hook on ODB diagnostics to search for any codes stored.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Looking at your year of manufactering the car, it will never lit up this “FULL”.

As from the 2nd series, the control panel changed on a few points. One of them is that if you want to have it on AUTO synchronized you need to hold the auto-button for a few secs longer. The mono-button as it was on previous series was deleted from the panel.

I guess nothing is wrong with yours. You can however hook on ODB diagnostics to search for any codes stored.
So if I leave aircon on Auto, press compressor button and then turn off the car, that means compressor will work and will be in use with locked car? From ur message I realized that Auto function is working like Full-Auto in previous series Alfa's? (by holding Auto button nothing changes) I guess that I need to hook on OBD diagnostics to see if there are any errors as you said :D

·
Registered
452 Posts
The system is pre-programmed (which works best for me btw), as long as you keep it on auto-modus.

Once you touch one of the controls, the system is on manual. Then you override the program. Except when it auto-detects a misty windscreen, if on-board, or a too long period of the re-circulation flap closed, than it will control that part again.

The FULL indication was there before to show everything was controlled: temp, fan speed, etc. But once you overrode by pressing one of the buttons, like air flow direction, the full indicator would go off.

The A/C compressor can only work by a running engine, it's belt driven. Upon the pressure inside the closed system, up to 15 bars, it will switch on and off to maintain that pressure steady. This switching on and off is automatically by a sensor in the piping (front right, below side of your condensor). This is sensor activates the clutch of the A/C wheel, driven by the auxiliary belt (multi-V).

Hence that once you switch off ignition, your climate system cannot run, including A/C part of it.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Having watched also your video clip, I don't think anything is wrong. All looks perfectly all-right.

Unless of course you sense there's something wrong like I experienced once due to a bad tempture sensor built-in the CP. The airco couldn't keep the temperature set and that was revealed by not only a DTC, but also by the fan speed going up and down. Normally I hardly notice this part blowing air. Unfortunately this is type of break-down isn't unique and replacing means a new control panel (>640 euro new)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Having watched also your video clip, I don't think anything is wrong. All looks perfectly all-right.

Unless of course you sense there's something wrong like I experienced once due to a bad tempture sensor built-in the CP. The airco couldn't keep the temperature set and that was revealed by not only a DTC, but also by the fan speed going up and down. Normally I hardly notice this part blowing air. Unfortunately this is type of break-down isn't unique and replacing means a new control panel (>640 euro new)
Ohhh, understood then:D I always thought that compressor works even the car is turned off and locked,soo stupid... Thaanks Leo (y)

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Really.....you actually have the words "Full Auto" light up on the display...not just "Auto"?Never seen that on any 159. "Auto" is fully automatic AFAIK.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Mine is different (MY2011), it has an OFF button at the bottom instead of the MONO button. You have to press and hold the AUTO button on the left (which is the driver side over here) for a few seconds in order to engage the mono mode and link the two temperature zones. As soon as you move the right button (passenger side) they get unlinked.

No FULL AUTO mode… I think AUTO is the most you can get.

And I have a problem. If want to turn off AC by unpressing the snowflake icon, it will turn on automatically after a certain time. Maybe because auf the mist sensor? Mine is like the one in the attachment.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts