Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked my 97 Spider up. The stereo worked fine until last night on the way home from my GF's. I don't yet have an owners or workshop manual (latter on order from Flebay).

Can anyone tell me which fuse the radio is on or if some other component is on the same circuit as everything else works fine?

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Fuse 2 on the main fusebox.

If you have an early phase 1, the fuse protects :

Horns
Cigar lighter
Brake lights
Radio
Glove box light
interior light

If you have a late phase 1 ( built after April 1997 ), the list is almost the same except for the interior light.

The symbol adjacent to the fuse is a horn and it is rated at 20A.

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Car was registered 12th September 97 so a late phase I, I guess :thumbs:
More than likely. Switchover was VIN ZAR91600006023907 if you want to be sure.

Bad news about the 3rd brake light wiring. Any evidence that the car had a rear wing at some time?

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will check the VIN.
It all works now. I ended up soldering two new wires inside the brake light onto the power rails.
With the radio on and brake lights the fuse blew again after a little while. I took the light out and checked it all again. Fastened it back in and checked the fuse. I also powered the radio on separately too. Anyway it seemed OK but I noted it only had a 10A rated fuse. Now no handbook but looking at other cars we have they are all between 15-25A for brake light circuits. Currently I have 15A in there and will keep an eye on it until the w/s manual arrives from eBay (assuming it is any good :p)

There is no evidence of a rear wing. The car has been repainted though I suspect.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts