Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone got a fuelmax fuel saver and if so are they any good.They claim to give better fuel economy and more bhp as well as other things ?

·
Registered
862 Posts
please please please don't - if you want to waste your money pm me and I'll send you my address for the cheque!!

K

·
0 Posts
They work a treat. How could magnets that you clamp over the fuel line not massively increase your economy and power whilst reducing your emissions. It's obvious when you think about it, the magnets attract metal which makes the petrol swirl about a bit (although it isn't made of metal as such) and it has the desired effect (or something).

couple it with one of these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/20-BHP-HONDA-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item518fa1472a

and one of these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Electric-Supe...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item4cead850b3

and you'll be chasing Enzos up the local bypass in no time.

·
Registered
30,243 Posts
:cheese:

R

·
0 Posts
Its a bit like trying to get more boost from your turbo by farting in it

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Go for it ... but you'll get best results after you solder a resistor between your MAF and your ECU :lol:

·
Registered
44,882 Posts
I think the general feeling is, and I could be wrong here :rolleyes:, that they are not going to help with fuel economy or performance. Keep your money and buy more petrol :thumbs:

Welcome to AO :D

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Was that mod I ? :lol: I forget now :)
No Mod 1 only works for Turbo'd cars ... what I suggested is the the old fleabay technique

·
Registered
38,912 Posts
Wedge a brick under the accelerator.

Not only will it help save fuel it also works as traction control ;)

C

·
0 Posts
think they launched these when fuel was at its highest price and people jumped on them thinking they would work which they didnt. The only person who wins is the guy who sells them.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I have 23 of them clamped all the way along the fuel line from the pump to the injectors ............... I now get 3560 miles to the gallon :)

Cheers to all
Peter

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
I bought loads of these fuel saving things and clamped them all over the car and fuel system. The car broke down becasue the petrol tank kept overflowing.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
I have 23 of them clamped all the way along the fuel line from the pump to the injectors ............... I now get 3560 miles to the gallon :)

Cheers to all
Peter

Trouble is your performance has dropped dramatically, because your car is now so heavy because you've picked up every nail and random bit of metal on the roads :lol:

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Trouble is your performance has dropped dramatically, because your car is now so heavy because you've picked up every nail and random bit of metal on the roads :lol:
Performance is still way up there ................. Only the other day I tagged in behind a Ferrari doing 160mph up the Motorway going to Birmingham ................. Only problem was I ended up in Manchester .............. But I kept on his rear end all the way to the buggers house.

Cheers to All
Peter

1 - 20 of 26 Posts