Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, just bought a 1.4 lusso 95 and iv topped it up twice in 3 weeks. The fuel gauge seems go rapidly drop. Is this normal for the car. Im averaging 35mpg and cannot get it higher.
Anybody got help on this?

·
Registered
33 Posts
If your car is brand new you have to drive it a few hundread miles before it settles in (grindes in, how we say it).Mine is a 1.4 155 TB and to get 6.1 l/100 (46mpg) i drive it like my grandad,not over 2500 rpm and use high gears all the time.But the combination of a small fuel tank and your stated mpg could be a "cause".Hope this helps.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Hey, just bought a 1.4 lusso 95 and iv topped it up twice in 3 weeks. The fuel gauge seems go rapidly drop. Is this normal for the car. Im averaging 35mpg and cannot get it higher.
Anybody got help on this?
I had a 1.4 95 and that was around the mpg I got.

My 135 always averages 33 mpg. On a long run I might get about 40 mpg.

Never believe the claimed figures. Pie in the sky

·
Registered
636 Posts
If you drive *really* carefully you can get close, but don't expect to see those figures very often :p.

In my 155, I manage to get about 23-25mpg, and about 34-35mpg on the motorway (can get early 40s if I stick to 60-65mph, 50's if doing about 50mph). Alfa claim 33mpg around town, and 53 on the motorway.

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
i drive it like i stole it and am getting 28mpg she is 4 months old, i use the 98 ron petrol not the 95.....dont buy an alfa for mpg lol

my 95bhp was averaging 34/36 mpg........

·
Registered
334 Posts
Mine is worse than my 2.0L Renaultsport Clio on fuel, even when I put £20 in its gone within 2 days for only 24 mile journey...it's stupid for a 1.4

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Mine is worse than my 2.0L Renaultsport Clio on fuel, even when I put £20 in its gone within 2 days for only 24 mile journey...it's stupid for a 1.4
Could always buy a Vauxhall corsa, that would be even more stupid!! I bet the 2.0l Clio only worked for a few days in between breakdowns to gain a real read of the mpg anyway. And who puts £20 in a car anyway!!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Well for all the good points to the RS clio fuel economy is not one so either your mito is broken or you're driving them in very different ways. Fuel economy is very much dependent on the type of driving you do. If you use your mito for town driving with all the stopping and starting and only use the clio around A roads with cruise control on then yeah ofcourse the mpg is going to be similar or even better on the clio. Depending on how and where I'm driving my mpg can range from ~38mpg to sub 20.

Could always buy a Vauxhall corsa, that would be even more stupid!! I bet the 2.0l Clio only worked for a few days in between breakdowns to gain a real read of the mpg anyway. And who puts £20 in a car anyway!!
I wouldn't be so quick criticise renaults for breaking down when we drive alfas :D. The RS clios are probably more reliable than our Mitos although our electrics probably actually work more often than theirs :lol:. You are right on corsas being diabolical spiteful little cars though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts