Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi so I have an issue with my car violently vibrating when I travel about 50mph or higher. So I'm wondering what does it look like inside your fuel cap? So when I am filling up I press the button and pop the outer door I open it and unscrew the next bit. so I am like 99% sure the actual hole where I put the nozzle used to have a metal door? I inserted the fuel nozzle and it pushed in. I filled up today and didn't see this silver door. Am I imagining this? Because I can see right down the fuel line and I don't think this is normal. I'm thinking the silver door came loose and it now in my fuel tank causing problems hence why I'm getting the vibration. Please tell me if you have the silver door I don't wanna open my tank and waste my time thanks

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Hi so I have an issue with my car violently vibrating when I travel about 50mph or higher. So I'm wondering what does it look like inside your fuel cap? So when I am filling up I press the button and pop the outer door I open it and unscrew the next bit. so I am like 99% sure the actual hole where I put the nozzle used to have a metal door? I inserted the fuel nozzle and it pushed in. I filled up today and didn't see this silver door. Am I imagining this? Because I can see right down the fuel line and I don't think this is normal. I'm thinking the silver door came loose and it now in my fuel tank causing problems hence why I'm getting the vibration. Please tell me if you have the silver door I don't wanna open my tank and waste my time thanks
A good theory but an object that size wouldn't make it to the pump. Also, running the engine lean or rich wouldn't cause vibration. I believe you have drive shaft wear, most likely at the inner cv joint. In your other post you've described the noise diminishing as the clutch is disengaged. These are classic symptoms of inner cv wear. Give the shaft a wobble. There should be no play. Try another garage: even a tyre place should have experience of this fault.

If the shafts are really solid then your problem is unusual but the diagnosis should begin with the identified relationship between the clutch and the vibration.

Keep posting please and a solution will be found.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts