Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my owners manual for my 159 it shows fuel tank capacity as 70L AND with a reserve of 10L.
Does this mean the total tank capacity is actually 80L?
Does this mean when the needle hits empty I still have 10L in reserve? (I wouldn't have thought so and not keen to try test this for obvious reasons!)
I'm certain it does not mean 10L remaining once the orange "almost empty" lamp turn on as I have, on many occasions, filled my tank up when the needle is on empty. When I fill at this point I regularly use 65-68L of fuel.
Thanks

·
Registered
948 Spider LE
11,633 Posts
I've only had my car nearly 11 years and just wondered this!
10 litres seems a lot to have left when the warning light comes on, but I'm not going to be testing it out. It's been years since I've triggered the warning light.

·
Registered
948 Spider LE
11,633 Posts
I seem to remember the gauge was more or less on empty when the warning light came on, that's what got me thinking.
10 litres is almost 15%, so the gauge should still be registering a reasonable amount when the light first comes on.
Or maybe my memory's playing tricks with me and I'm getting mixed-up with another of my previous cars...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.