Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alfa 147. Hit a really bad pothole tonight and the car cut out. Burst my new tyre also. Sickened. Anyway, an alarm came up on the dash cant remember what it said exactly but something to do with the fuel switch. And car wont start. Picture has a fuel tank with a line across it. Can anyone please advise what is wrong and what i need to do to get it going. Cheers in advance.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Fuel cut off switch should be by the bonet leaver under some carpet. If not try the PAS side same place.

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
Try the cut off switch, its located in the passenger footwell, outside wall, on top of the trim panel...

L

·
0 Posts
Try the cut off switch, its located in the passenger footwell, outside wall, on top of the trim panel...
Mr "i bought a 147 so i now know where all the 147 buttons are" :cheese: has spoken :thumbs:

how is yours starting these days? radio working ok? :)

that said, try pressing the fuel cut off switch, not sure where its located.....

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
Mine's going well :thumbs: - fully charged battery & sorted the stereo, just some bodywork tidying to do really :D
I've had to spend to get it up to scratch though, needed a fuse for the cig lighter & a pipe joiner to sort the split screen washer pipe :tut: :lol:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Alfa 147. Hit a really bad pothole tonight and the car cut out. Burst my new tyre also. Sickened. Anyway, an alarm came up on the dash cant remember what it said exactly but something to do with the fuel switch. And car wont start. Picture has a fuel tank with a line across it. Can anyone please advise what is wrong and what i need to do to get it going. Cheers in advance.
cant help
but i would take pictures of the dammage and the pot hole then speak with the council some will entertain refunding the dammage costs
it will take ages i put a claim in 6 months ago and still waiting

·
Registered
140 Posts
I know it is a fuel cut off switch. I was just wondering aloud.

In the event of an accident I can see the need for a fuel cut out. Also in the event of an accident I can see the benefit of airbags. And before you say anything. I am aware that the airbags are controlled by a whole separate ECU/ECM with their own sensors.

My question really is what sort of accident were they anticipating where it would be beneficial to trigger the fuel cut out and not any of the airbags.

It is a rhetorical question as the designers probably didn't anticipate any such scenario. I am merely interested to note that it is possible for this to happen with the help of our fabulous roads

·
Registered
30,081 Posts
It is a rhetorical question as the designers probably didn't anticipate any such scenario. I am merely interested to note that it is possible for this to happen with the help of our fabulous roads
I'm sure they did.
It needs to be quite a heavy thump to make the airbags a benifit.

As for the fuel cut off, people have triggered them moving the seat too harshly (on a 156 where it is under the seat) or when hoovering the carpet, so triggering after hitting a massive pot-hole isn't a surprise!!

·
Vendor
45,804 Posts
The fuel cut off switch is a very simple device, its easy to trigger it but also very easy to reset it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts