Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Does anyone have info on how to safely remove the bleed valves from the end of the fuel rails?

And why did they use some daft fuel pipe to link the fuel rails together???

Cheers

S

·
0 Posts
They are similar to shraeder type valves, just like car tyres. I remember reading somewhere that they can be removed with the same tool.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Is yours leaking?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes im sure they are, but im looking at getting the plating refinished, which requires the whole brass piece to be removed, or at least thats what ive been told

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you just remove the centre then, the part containing the rubber seal?

·
Registered
450 Posts
I just removed the rails themself and then the pipe that connects them and sent them off for plating. Did nothing to the valves except taking the black plastic cover off.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok will leave as is then, can you remember how much they cost you, if you dont mind me asking?

·
Registered
450 Posts
I live in Switzerland so the price I got quoted is probably irrelevant to the Uk. Will most probably be less in the UK. I paid the equivalent of 75 GBP for the two fuel rails but since this quote was the minimum charge for 1-5 pieces I also sent them three brackets to get the most out of the deal. Had to send them back for the second time though since I'm still not satisfied with the finish.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry didnt realise, but ive been getting quotes similar to his over here. I just dont understand the logic behind there costing... you can guarantee there will be other items being coated at the same time so why does it cost so much as it isnt labour intensive either.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ive painted mine black now, to match the rockers/coil covers. Ill get the inlets re-chromed next month (too much ££££ atm), ive reworked the whole engine bay so would be a let down if i didnt do the inlets.

S

·
0 Posts
Chrome plating takes a long time. Make sure you pencil in 2 weeks or so without the car.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes i know, im possibly looking at buying a set from OperationAlfa if hes in the NW area in the near future, buts its not my daily car anyway.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts