Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there -

My 06 Brera Q4 dumped me in the middle of a very cold Sutherland on Friday evening on my way back from Wick to Inverness.

I've been experiencing some sort of slow drain issue for a couple of years now: on a couple of occasions before Friday I'd get to the car and there'd be no response to the immobiliser key. I've replaced the battery twice but on Friday, less than 2 months after the battery was replaced, having driven 100 miles north that morning and left her for about 5 hours - nothing.

Green Flag came out and got me started telling me the battery was fine.

60 miles down the road she stopped responding to the throttle and the power steering went too as if the fuel supply had been cut off.

On thinking about it, there have been intermittent throttle problems where she just hasn't been as responsive as normal and my other half has reported the smell of petrol in the cabin.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? I'm thinking that all this may emanate from a fuel pump that was faulty and has now died. I seem to recall having a similar issue with a BMW 316i I had in the late eighties but I wonder if anyone has experienced similar problems and if so, how they sorted it.

If the short wasn't coming from say, the fuel pump, I know it'll be a balls aching job to pinpoint so any advice or tips would be very welcome

John

·
Registered
92 Posts
Is it bringing on the EML? I had a problem with my 1.9JTDm just cutting out but that was the fuel pressure regulator on the end of the fuel pump. That triggered error codes which helped identify the problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It turns out the fuse of under the bonnet and some of the relays were burned out. Has anyone else had/heard of this problem?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts