Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tarquini decided to come out in sympathy with the Iraqi oil wells this morning. One of the larger fuel hoses split and dumped fuel all over the engine. eek! My, how I chuckled.

Anyway, it didn't all burst into flames but that pipe is obviously knacked and some of the smaller ones are also a bit ropey. Time for some new ones then...

What's the numbers for the two (12" ish) long rubber pipes that run from behind the back of the engine to the fuel rails?

And what's the numbers of the (3?) smaller rubber pipes (about 4" long) that go round the corners at each end of the front cylinder bank?

Tarquini is a '95/M V6, chassis number 01011181 (from memory).

Ta.

Ralf S.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
there is something wrong with your chassis number........it says it a 2.5 TD.!?!?!?!?!?!

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wouldn't buy the smaller bits, they were about £2.00 each (from memory) and are not moulded but just straight bits of pipe. Go to your local webber place or simliar and get a longer length to cut down. The stuff I bought is better quality that the OE stuff.

Don't waste ya money!

wrinx

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
three are the same number..£1.62+vat
the other is £3.00+vat..
sounds like a good idea wrinx. :)

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Turbo Diesel? JB's just trying to upset me now. On the other hand, it does run a bit lumpy on petrol... wink

My old bus is a ZAR-167000, number 01011184. I dunno if that truck-engined "81" has a different type number.

Anyway, thanks for the numbers. I'm not quite sure which hoses are the long ones (7 and 9 by the looks of things) but the picture seems to suggest they come as more than just simple rubber hoses. I'll see what Fredo at my local dealer says.

Ralf S.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Forgot to mention, the OE hoses I bought were all the same length and not long enough either :rolleyes:

wrinx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts