Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If air was to get into the fuel lines where the fuel filter is would it cause the car to behave like it was missing? I ask the question because I've noticed that fuel is leaking past the copper washers on the filter, if fuel can get out then air can get it? and maybe is the cause of the missing effect the car has. Any ideas?
Cheers

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think that's possible yeah. Getting pockets of air into the fuel would make the car miss.

Marlon

·
Registered
106 Posts
The fuel line is pressurized with 3 bar - no way to suck air in..

Fuel pump, AFM or temp sensor might be the reason for leaning out the fuel mixture and misfiring.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking more along the lines when the car stops and the pressure relaxes then air will get drawn into the filter and over time the air bubbles feed through? Don't know though.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Not really - any air in the fuel line will find its way through the return line...
I've changed the fuel filter lots of times. After the change filter and fuel line is full of air. The only thing I coul remark, was a short hesitation starting the engine, thats all. No misfiring at all.
I would check all the items I posted first and the HT leads, of course.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I forgot: The fuel system keeps the pressure, even with engine turned off.

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
It is possible to get a miss if the system is losing pressure when stood

At work when we change the fuel filters on the astra`s and vectra`s they miss fire when you take them up the road for the first 1/2 mile while it clears all the air out eek! even if you leave them running in the workshop before hand

1 - 7 of 7 Posts