Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this light keeps coming on in my 156 and when it does I get a hugh reduction in power. It seems to have a life of its own because it does not always happen and if you pull over and restart the engine it will be fine.

does anybody have any ideas what this could be and why does it happen

thanks

·
Registered
30,369 Posts
If this is a Euro3 spec TS engine or 2.0JTS it could be the usual problem with the conectors to the first lambda sensor near the first CATs in the exhaust manifold.
You need to carefully relocate the connector further away from the heat & vibration of the exhaust.

If the Euro3 (TS) or Euro4 (JTS) engine ECU sees a fault with (or can't see) any of the lambda sensors it goes into low power limp home mode...

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
David C said:
If this is a Euro3 spec TS engine or 2.0JTS it could be the usual problem with the conectors to the first lambda sensor near the first CATs in the exhaust manifold.
You need to carefully relocate the connector further away from the heat & vibration of the exhaust.

If the Euro3 (TS) or Euro4 (JTS) engine ECU sees a fault with (or can't see) any of the lambda sensors it goes into low power limp home mode...
INJECTION... designed by Germans (obersturmbahnfuhrer Bosch ?)
BUILT.......... by Italians (Spaghetti Marelli ?)
DRIVEN........ by Brits (Jeremy Clarkson ? The Stig ?)

I rest my case :D

RB

1 - 3 of 3 Posts