Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon all,

Travelling home from work yesterday, my fuel injection light flicked on for a couple of seconds an went out. At the same time I notice a slight loss in power. I continued to travel on and didn't noticed any loss of power since but the light did flick on and of again momentarily. My questions is, is this the start of a malfunctioning fuel injector or is it simply a blockage of some sort. Should I have this checked out at an Alfa Service center immediately?

Any comments would greatly welcomed.

Cheers

ChrisG

1997 P REG 155 2.0 TS 16v

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Mine (2.0 16V P reg) does exactly the same thing. It does say somewhere in the owners manual that it will happen from time to time and not to worry about it.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi i get the light very occasionally when standing in traffic but it has never affected the performace & after reading various topics over the years on this forum i have never done anything about it & at the moment it is ok!!
cheers

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks lads, my arse was really going for a minute. The cars due for it's 48K service soon so they might pick something up then.

Thanks anyway.

ChrisG

·
Registered
106 Posts
The light usually indicates that there is some sort of malfunction or a reading from a sensor that is not plausible (e.g. air temperature higher than 70° C).
In a lot of cases its a worn Oxy sensor, there is an inner adjuster that is just able to work within a specifc range, if that range is exceeded, the ECU will store an error code and that light will come alive. During the malfunction, the EC will use a "limp home mode", that means it uses a standard mapping in order not to ruin the engine - that's your loss of power.
On my 33 P4 and on my 75 TS I am able to read out the error codes myself, but don't ask me how it works on a 155.
Maybe your dealer is so kind to read out the error codes of your car without ruining your financial perspective - its a real fast and easy job.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Agha33, thanks for the info. Problem seems to have gone away for the time being.

Thanks all

ChrisG

1 - 6 of 6 Posts