Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

sometimes the fuel injection light stays on and car wont start. I think it is one of the 4 relays at the battery. the manual dose'nt say which one so after i fiddle with all four, the car starts. anybody any idea which relay is specific to the fuel injection system. I can always hear the fuel pump priming so the pump relay is good. once started the car will go for weeks at a time afterwards.
thanks

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
It's kind of academic. The problem sounds like a dodgy connector, so rather than trying to track down which relay is which, take the relays out one at a time and have a lool at the connector spades and blades... clean them all up.

Also check the wires into the connectors going into the connector spades (in the block). They can corrode over time and go green, or fray a bit, so you're losing the "connected" experience.. An auto electrician will be able to re-wire the connectors and make you up a new connector block if yours are way manky..

Ralf S.

·
Registered
234 Posts
If its a 16V and could be the temp sensor. A lot of 155s go through this when its hot. Its located next to the maf. Unplug and it'll start then re plug in

1 - 5 of 5 Posts