Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fuel flap release solenoid is acting up. It will retract when I press the switch but then won't lock. I've no problem replacing it but would prefer not to if I don't have to.
The question I have, is there any chance it could be something else. Am thinking of the switch itself.

Donal

·
Registered
426 Posts
My fuel flap release solenoid is acting up. It will retract when I press the switch but then won't lock. I've no problem replacing it but would prefer not to if I don't have to.
The question I have, is there any chance it could be something else. Am thinking of the switch itself.
Donal
The unlocking shows the switch and the associated electrics are fine. To lock it just needs the spring to push it back into position, no electrics involved. I would check the catch is moving smoothly then all should be fine. The solenoid is held by two bolts (I think) and loosening them will allow you to align it properly.
These things don't usually move, so I would first check for ingress of dirt around the plastic locking catch.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Rod
Thanks for the reply and confirming the electrics should be ok. I've pulled out the solenoid it and it operates the same way so I've WD-40'd it and will check again tomorrow. If it's still acting up I'll just replace it.

Donal

1 - 3 of 3 Posts