Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did search a bit but i couldn't find a solution to my problem. The button that releases the fuel door won't work, i press it but to no avail, the only way to open my fuel door is to pull the emergency red string from the back of the boot.

Anyone encountered this problem before? Has to be some kind of electrical malfunction but how can i know exactly what's causing it?

Regards,

L

·
0 Posts
Alot of Alfa's need the engine & key off in order to open the fuel flap. do you have the key off when trying?

L

·
0 Posts
does it make any noise when you press the button? must be either the switch, fuse or the solenoid in the boot.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
does it make any noise when you press the button? must be either the switch, fuse or the solenoid in the boot.
Was thinking about a fuse myself but which one exactly? I'm not sure about the noise but i'm pretty sure it doesn't make any sound when i press it... I'll check tomorrow just to be sure.

L

·
0 Posts
do you have an owners manual? if yes lookk up the index & it'll say what pages are relevant to fuses & relays. Not been a smart ass in any way.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
do you have an owners manual? if yes lookk up the index & it'll say what pages are relevant to fuses & relays. Not been a smart ass in any way.
fair enough, will give that a go.
Thanks Lacken

If anyone else has any ideas continue posting here please.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I had a problem with mine a couple of years ago. Would press the button in the car, would hear the usual noise, but when I got out the door was still shut. Used the pull chord in the boot, and then lubricated the hinge and have never had the problem since.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Seems to have been miraculously fixed... went by the garaje this evening tried the button and it worked :|

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Everything is working fine now it was weird as I didn't do anything to it, but it's good to have a few fixes for these issues.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts