Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, can anyone tell me how the fuel cut off valve under the passenger seat works? is it electrical and what triggers/controls it?

Reason i ask is i'm wondering if it has anything to do with my cut out problems?. . .

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
I thought it was a spring loaded magnet, so that when it gets a sufficeient (like moving the passenger seat in a clumsy way) jolt the magent separates and cuts off the fuel supply. May be wrong though.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
The cut-off switch is an inertia type switch, triggered by a sudden jolt (i.e. in the case of a crash).

However, going by your other post you say the car will restart on it's own again after a while. If this is the case then it won't be the fuel cut-off switch as that switch needs a manual reset every time it is triggered and you haven't said you are having to keep resetting that switch before trying to start the car each time.

·
Registered
394 Posts
It's triggered by inertia and it latches until you push the reset.. The fuel pump cuurrent does go through it, so corroded electrical connectors on it could cause your cut-out issues (My brother's FIAT Bravo is doing exactly this).

But the Fuel pump current also goes through a relay in the BBoB, examine that 1st.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts