Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Northern Ireland, I'm a delighted owner of a 2006 159 2.4 lusso 137k miles.
On my daily commute to work (60 miles round trip) I am getting 46 mpg although the computer reads around 42mpg. I have noticed recently that it will intermittently fall to the low 20s the turbo boost will fall to zero and the temp gauge will rise ever so slightly and the fuel gauge will fall a bit. If I stop and turn her off and start again all is well. This does this now and again and was wondering if anyone has any ideas. She still runs perfectly whilst doing this. Cheers in advance Bruce

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have noticed recently that it will intermittently fall to the low 20s the turbo boost will fall to zero and the temp gauge will rise ever so slightly and the fuel gauge will fall a bit.
Those seem like the symptoms of a DPF (diesel particulate filter) regeneration. These are completely normal.

The DPF is a filter, it therefore accumulates particles. During the regen (which triggers automatically if all goes well), the ECU raises exhaust temperatures to burn off the said particles. To accomplish that, the ECU will use more fuel.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts