Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Drops to 13L/100 when the revs drop. Quite high consumption though...
It is current consumption and not average so it will fluctuate a lot with all small changes with throttle position...
Try running some injector cleaner through... That's the only thing that's springing to mind at the moment

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
If try and hook it up to multiecu scan, even the free version should give you an indication of what is happening, each injector for instance. do you get any other symptoms? Smoke etc

Any spelling/ grammatical errors are purely there to annoy!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I am not from UK, and its not my mothertongue :rolleyes: , btw.. no smokes, maybe was few times. What do you mean multiecu scan with free version? should I have cables and all that stuff?

·
Banned
3,110 Posts
If car can match 5-6ltrs/100 with highway no sence to complain.
I have 19JTDm, no DPF, no EGR, enriched with Novitec Powerjet.
My best was as attached. I never tried to make best.

My average daily city center are

No second screen to be equal to above. Average speed are about 16-18km/h.

This means that particular drive are far away from booked one.
If the problem may be sovlved with the money it is not a problem. It is a costs.
:D

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
Well, I am not from UK, and its not my mothertongue :rolleyes: , btw.. no smokes, maybe was few times. What do you mean multiecu scan with free version? should I have cables and all that stuff?

Hi, yes down the multiecuscan software (link below), there is a free version (read error codes, view engine values etc) and a paid version (reset service lights etc), you just need to buy a cable or bluetooth dongle, for basic engine reading an OBDII one will suffice.
The free version and cable will cost less than asking a garage to read error codes.

http://www.multiecuscan.net

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi guys!

I am an AR fan, and of course - sometimes we have to fix our horses :)

I hope you can help me.

While I am driving lets 100km/h fuel comp = 5-6l. when I stop to traffic light, or just
riding on neutral, consumption starts to grow up to 20-30l. I made a short video, check out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlQlkBy3jco&feature=youtu.be
Thanks for help guys
hello friend i have the same problem on my sportwagon 159 2008 year 150hp 16v exactly the same problem as u describe when i release the gas pedal the consumption goes up to 50l/100 km maximum
did u solved your problem somehow ?

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
They all do that on the instant MPG (or KMh or Lts per 100km!)….largely worthless info....just leave it on average mpg.....or whatever your preferred unit. When a car is under hard acceleration the fuel consumption will be terrible on any car so the instant MPG is probably correct...same as when you coast down a hill...effectively using next to no fuel...so you get max MPG displayed.

My old M3 used to get about 29 to the gallon on my commute ….then I took it to a track day.....I averaged 8.2 mpg for the track time!...that's what constant full throttle does for you!! On Top Gear a while back they took an M3 and a Prius to their test track.....under track conditions (ie flat out everywhere) the Prius got worse mpg than the M3...its not what you drive...its how you drive it!! (to a degree!!!!)

·
Registered
7 Posts
They all do that on the instant MPG (or KMh or Lts per 100km!)….largely worthless info....just leave it on average mpg.....or whatever your preferred unit. When a car is under hard acceleration the fuel consumption will be terrible on any car so the instant MPG is probably correct...same as when you coast down a hill...effectively using next to no fuel...so you get max MPG displayed.

My old M3 used to get about 29 to the gallon on my commute ….then I took it to a track day.....I averaged 8.2 mpg for the track time!...that's what constant full throttle does for you!! On Top Gear a while back they took an M3 and a Prius to their test track.....under track conditions (ie flat out everywhere) the Prius got worse mpg than the M3...its not what you drive...its how you drive it!! (to a degree!!!!)
please check this video i just uploaded it thanks

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
I really don't see the point asking the same question and posting the same video on two current threads on the same subject! You will get the same answer...which is that is how it should behave!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts