Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

How does the fuel consumption of a 3liter Busso engine compare to the 2liter Twin Spark ?

Would it use twice as much fuel, or a third more or less than that ?

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
I used to average 22 mpg from my V6 166 and I am getting 30 mpg from my Gtv Twinnie. I would say they are pretty representative for the engines.

C

·
0 Posts
I've found that a 3.0 156 will use less fuel than a 2.5 156 on a mixture of A roads and town centre driving.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see..
Is there any differences between the old 12v and never 24v engines, in terms of fuel consumption ?

C

·
0 Posts
Depends what car it's in dunnit? - A 12v won't fit in a 156...

...Well it will but not without significant modification to the car or engine.

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
I've found that a 3.0 156 will use less fuel than a 2.5 156 on a mixture of A roads and town centre driving.
No such thing as a 3.0 156, do you mean the 3.2 ??

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
2.0 TS 147 and 3.0 GTV. on a run ( pan European ) the GTV uses significantly less fuel :wow:
In stop / start city traffic GTV uses more, @ 30-40% more. On a mix of town / country driving they are about equal, obviously the more country it goes in the 3.0 favour and visa versa the TS.
Short answer unless you drive exclusively / mostly in town they use about the same :thumbs:
Ran both side by side for @ 6 years :thumbs:

C

·
0 Posts
Nope I meant a 3.0 156...

I've built a few.

The fundamental point being that the 3,0 is more drivable, you don't need to rev it as hard so it returns better mpg. A 3.2 is worse than either though because youre back with a peaky power delivery.

·
Registered
8,916 Posts

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Interesting :)

My question was very simplistic, but I just want to know how, say a 3.0 164 or 3.0 GTV compares to what I am driving now (a 2L Euro2 TSpark)
Just wanted to know if I can dream safely or not :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts