Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, an i bought a 120bhp veloce and over the past week and a half or so I have managed to attain 470 miles from a full tank of fuel, which impresses me, is anyone else finding fuel consumption as good?

I have approx 1500 miles on the clock.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hey all, an i bought a 120bhp veloce and over the past week and a half or so I have managed to attain 470 miles from a full tank of fuel, which impresses me, is anyone else finding fuel consumption as good?

Your post doesn't say if you bought the 1.4 TB 120BHP petrol or the 1.6JTDM 120BHP diesel.

·
Registered
467 Posts
i would tend to disagree, the 120 petrol can and should get up to mid to late 40 mpg once everything has settled and bedded in.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts

Please tell me thats the petrol...if it is you have made my day...

·
Registered
136 Posts
Air conditioning eats fuel. For you folk who are lucky enough to have already got your Mito, might be worth doing an MPG comparison between aircon on and off.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
thats bloody good, i just worked it out. is that not 67 mpg?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Please tell me thats the petrol...if it is you have made my day...
thats bloody good, i just worked it out. is that not 67 mpg?
I don't believe it is anywhere near that, I do want to emphasise though I did drive very conservatively, I just wanted to test what the engine was capable of. I also never went out of 'N' mode the whole time

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
35 litre tank which is 7 gallons

470/7=67.14 mpg

unless im wrong in my calculation

·
Registered
841 Posts
Pretty sure the tank is bigger than that? We can easily get high 40's out of our 120 on a decent run but drops into mid 30's on combined cycle.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
just checked, the fuel tank is 45 not 35. im sure i read sumwhere it was 35 oh well.

it now equates to 52 mpg

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Very Nice,

That has improved my mood...as i do 300 miles a week its good to know, i will be getting better fuel econamy from this car than i did from my old 1.2 corsa.
Yeah it was an interesting test. I really must emphasise though that I did not venture above 60mph the duration of the tank. I really just wanted to test what the engine was capable of when driven ultra conservatively.

I did have to leave very early for any meetings with friends etc though as I couldn't afford to put the foot down......:tut:

·
Registered
6 Posts
1 imperial gallon = 4.5461 Litres so a tank capacity of 45 Litres = near enough 9.9 gallons.
That mileage per gallon drops again to 47.5.
Mary will get about 21 as she likes to boot it a bit.
Hope she does not read this!
Steve.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've done 2200 miles now in my 1.3 jtdm, and the computer is showing an average mpg of 54. I can do about 500-ish miles off a tank - but I don't wait until it's bone dry before refilling, so reckon I could get 550 easily.

However, to test the economy on a long run (80 miles) of mostly (flat) motorway at no more than 60 mph, I managed to get 69 mpg :lol:

If I could keep that up, I could get close to 700 miles out of a tank!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts