Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

Just installed new CSC backbox and middle silencer and the fuel consumption has gone sky high!
Had a garage to do the work.
Any one with the same experience??

Mads

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He he, thats not it:lol: but the sound is very nice!

In Norway we use km and the consumption pr 10 km is now nearly 2liters....
Normaly it would be around 1,1, so the difference is huge.

·
Registered
198 Posts
If it was a full system, like with decats and everything, I guess it would probably need a remap... but I don't think that's necessary with a cat-back?

S

·
0 Posts
Possibly a lambda sensor may have been damaged in the fitting. Could lead to overfueling?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, so now consumption is more or less back to normal. After 100 km trip today i got figures about 1,2liters pr 10km. Maybe ecu has adjusted to the new exhaust?? Going on a 800km trip on tuesday, recon that will give good answers.

Really like the "New" sound of the car, and the exhaustleak did steal some of my bhp, now it goes like hell again:inlove:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In the higher revs not that big of a difference but in the lows much darker if you know what i mean?
Better give it some time as the sound would change a bit after more km on the road, but so fare very happy with the result.
Had to buy a stainless system anyway, not easy to find standard. Placed an order at Alfisti.net and delivery within 8 days at my doorstep.

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
Did the garage take it for a drive?

The CSC has a nice deep grumble on idle and low revs, after about 4,500 it has a weird whooshing noise all the way to the redline. I'm not a fan personally. The whoosh is due to turbulence. You can't hear it very well in the car at the top end. Get someone to drive the car and you watch from the outside Erik. :0

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did the garage take it for a drive?

The CSC has a nice deep grumble on idle and low revs, after about 4,500 it has a weird whooshing noise all the way to the redline. I'm not a fan personally. The whoosh is due to turbulence. You can't hear it very well in the car at the top end. Get someone to drive the car and you watch from the outside Erik. :0
Yes, they testdrove the car.

About whoosh, have to take your word for it. Havent notised that. More than 800km on the road tomorrow, so thats my testdrive:)

·
Registered
365 Posts
Maybe ecu has adjusted to the new exhaust??
indeed, changing exhaust (or modding air intake) does not require remap, standard ECU settings will accomodate to the change.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts