Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive in the city a lot i admit, what im constantly getting for fuel consumption is 18.5 to even 20L/100km :cry:
is it just my car or what :confused:
even after an hour and a half drive on highway, somewhere ranging from 15-16 is considered pretty good. The lowest i got as far as i remember was 13, which i kept the car below 2500rpm and a long highway driving to achieve.

It's just frustrating as my saab 4wd 2.8T with 320hp (moded) is getting much better number, not to mention it's much faster. :(

·
Registered
35 Posts
My long term average is about 13.5-14l/100km. I do either short city runs or occasional longer runs at highway speeds. I could do better with a lighter right foot (but why have an alfa and drive it like a prius?).

Generally I find the economy is pretty poor, given my prev. BMW 328i got 10.7l/100Km doing the same work with nearly the same performance.

Comes down to it being a heavy lump with extra losses due to the 4wd system. There is a tech. update (EMC update) that improves the economy. Make sure you've had this update installed via your service people. Only helps a bit around the city.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
many thanks for your reply.
i imported the car from taiwan and have been using it in china for a few yrs. There is no official dealer here, so no software to even connect to the onboard computer, not to mention getting the update.

13-14 is really good IMO considering my numbers are way off, but i cant seem to find anything wrong with the car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts