Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Administrator. ?? ?? Devoid of gorm.
7,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I need a replacement fuel cap tether.
I've done a forum search and also an extensive google investigation, but to no avail. :(

Anyone out there know where I might get a new one? (Apart from the AR Dealership network) ;)

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
And me!

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
I also need one but doubt I will both. I'm sure it was mentioned before have you done a search? May pop up in the 147 lounge

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
The mileage on my 156 was more than treble that of the 147 but tether was intact. In fact this is the first Alfa that I have owned that the tether is broken on - Are 147 owners careless! :D

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
The mileage on my 156 was more than treble that of the 147 but tether was intact. In fact this is the first Alfa that I have owned that the tether is broken on - Are 147 owners careless! :D
It's more of a town car so £10-20 fill ups as opposed to full tanks. Either that or it is just crap

·
Registered
393 Posts
I threw it away after it started to fall apart. It looked like a bit of manky shoelace anyway. I don't think its really needed unless your pretty clumsy.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
me tooo.

maybe a good bit of black leather would be a good option :D

·
Registered
4,241 Posts

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Didn't know there was supposed to be one :confused:

Don't you just have the hook on the inside of the flap to hook it onto whilst filling up? Can't see anywhere on mine where a tether would attach to :confused:

·
7,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hmmm, this appears to be a common fault.
I can't believe that there is not someone selling a spare out there. :confused:

·
7,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OK, Phoned dealers.....
They say it's part of the fuel cap assy and the only way to get one is order a complete fuel cap.
This, I feel is unsatisfactory.
I have logged a case with ARUK for them to investigate and see if summat more agreeable is possible.. ;)

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
To Remove/Refit this is how I would deal with things.

Buy a pair of leather gloves. Brace yourself in the back of the car. Then kick the old fuel assembly out from the inside out.

Refit the new one with some good quality German leather, a horses whip or similar would be satisfactory, then tie round the fuel cap, then tie round the fuel assembly as required.

·
7,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
erm. use a bootlace. cheap. simple. effective.

seriously, is it really that important?
I see your point, but in my case yes. I love and cherish my car. It is undeniably a modern classic.
I'm quite the perfectionist and want my car to be in tip top condition as best as possible.

As an example, I was quite upset that following a close encounter with a pheasant, my replacement windscreen would not have the AR stamp on it....I was told it was possible to get it.......3 weeks lead time and an additional cost of £300.00......in this case, I took the pain and had the non-stamped screen (Still smarts when I look at it tho).

So, in this case, I feel that this should be a pretty low cost item I can easily replace.

I'm sure some other GTA owners understand this sentiment. ;)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts