1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
tip of the ice burg ... we're all in so much debt there are going to be massive tax rises in the next few years :(

·
Registered
37,151 Posts
The price of fuel at my local garage went down by 2p a litre yesterday. :confused:

Yes, they did sneak in this tax rise. They put up duty by 2p a litre when the VAT was reduced so that they didn't loose out, now that VAT has gone back up the price has gone up again. :rant:

We are paying for the governments incompetance.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
15p eh? It will be interesting to come back to this this time next year. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a couple of pence more!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
IS the the government truly to blame for all this, or a few city traders/bankers hedging their bets:confused:

·
Registered
44,669 Posts
litre of unleaded costs £1.05, government takes 70p in tax, petrol company takes 30p the rest covers transport and retailers profit.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
IS the the government truly to blame for all this, or a few city traders/bankers hedging their bets:confused:
or the 1 trillion £ of personal debt in the uk ... the massive debt uk.gov was in prior to the recession (after years of boom we should have been in the black) ... the completely unregulated way that massive private equity deals were going through week on week ...

and we're the last G8 country out of recession ... I wonder why?

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
And not one penny of that £1 trillion debt is mine. :mad:

Yet I am expected to bail these bankers etc out.

:rolleyes: the bankers are not being "bailed out" no money was actually transferred to them, the government basically underwrote the loans (basically converted them from being an unsecured to a secured loan) in exchange for shares (which were "bought" at the bottom of the market) the shares will be sold once they go up and make a nice tidy profit for uk.gov

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
when oil price fall we see a 1p or 2p come off when they go up it flies up then the useless money grabbing government whack more tax on it but fail everytime to understand that the other transport options in this country are rubbish so as most goods go by road everything goes up affecting everyone and everything......they seem to believe if we are short of money whack it on the motorist as they have no option but to pay up if they wish to go about their lives then of course you get it hidden under some green agenda !!!!! of course those of us who like to drive as a hobby too get double spanked!

R

·
0 Posts
For all you tax haters: For every pound you don't want to pay you have to suggest a pound that you don't want the government to spend. That's how it works. NO ONE IS STEALING YOUR MONEY. :mad:

·
Registered
37,151 Posts
For all you tax haters: For every pound you don't want to pay you have to suggest a pound that you don't want the government to spend. That's how it works. NO ONE IS STEALING YOUR MONEY. :mad:
The trouble is it is not that simple.

The more money the government has the more they appear to waste.

Look at the 2 wars for instance. How much of my £1 is going to fund that?

Not to mention all the admin and paperwork involved in public services.

·
Registered
44,669 Posts
I don't object to paying taxes, it's not nice but it is necessary. It's when government penalises you for something using tax, like drinking or smoking or driving a car that's when I object.

R

·
0 Posts
Good point Rewe

Stop the war in Afghanistan and bring the troops back, saving

Stop Councils wasting money ( Ask and I will start supplying a list but try google "Tax wasting councils") saving

Stop sending Billions of pounds worth of aid to countries where the money never gets to the people it was meant for. saving

Start educating all children in British schools the English language, not in the dialect of the country they came from, the benefits in the long term of only having to teach in the one main language and having a population that can talk the native language will be a saving for us all. saving

Anyone unemployed for more than Six months who is able bodied, make them do volunteer work for the local Council doing anything from road sweeping to maintenance of council property, definite saving and will encourage people to find jobs instead of scrounging from the state. saving

I would go on but im sure you get the jist :lol:;)

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
and for every £ that goes in what proportion of that goes on paying the interest on the massive loans uk.gov has outstanding?

·
Registered
12,881 Posts

How about all the money that the MPs got in "expenses" when you look at that they appear to be stealing OUR money ... (well fraud at least...)

·
Registered
195 Posts
i love debates like this the problem is we all whinge about it amongst ourselves but do nothing as a collective therefore this goverment previous goverments & future goverments will continue to do whatever the hell they like & im sorry to say there is sod all the average working man can do about it if you upset the french they block the ports if we try anything we get arrested for centurys its been put on the english working man back in the days of the french revoloution our heads of state got a bit windy that it may happen here so how did they sort it they upped our taxes now if we didnt rebel then we never ever will

1 - 20 of 33 Posts