Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I want to upgrade my stock shocks to FSDs. I found that besides the FSD kit specifically designed for Mito (id 2100-4104), there's another designed for Corsa and/or Grande Punto (id 2100-4103), which share the same platform with Mito.
I did not find much info about what the differences are. In the Koni catalogs I could not find the 2100-4103 listed, so it's probably an older version? I could not find much info about the differences between the two. One site was listing 2100-4103 for normal suspension and 2100-4104 for sport suspension.

Does anyone know if I'd be able to fit the 4103 on my Mito and if there would be any issues?

Thank you.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Corsa suspension will fit fine. I put coilovers on my car which were listed as corsa / Adam and punto but not mito, while other kits from the same manufacturer listed mito and punto, similarly with single digit part number differences.

As all the cars use the same suspension and are very similar size and weight I expect the differences between kits if there are any are so minor as to make no difference or may even just be how they are certified for certain models in certain markets.

·
Registered
98 Posts
There are different part numbers for diesel and petrol models, assume the extra weight of the diesel engines means there's different spring rates (but as mentioned, assume it is a small difference)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies lads.

Nick, in regards to different numbers, were you referring to FSD, or Koni or in general? Asking because I found only one serial for all Mito models

Similarly, I see that 147 and 156 Koni FSDs have the same id, but different to the Mito one. Would you say those would fit and again, considering the weight difference is not considebrale, any serious issues? Do you know if they have the same springs lenght?

Harry, what did you choose and how do you find them compared to what you had previously (assuming you had the stock Sachs)? Did they damped the ride and muffled lastic rattle?

Thank you,
Horia

·
Registered
101 Posts
Harry, what did you choose and how do you find them compared to what you had previously (assuming you had the stock Sachs)? Did they damped the ride and muffled lastic rattle?

Thank you,
Horia
My car had the factory fit FSDs which I think are not quite as good as the aftermarket versions?

I fitted ST X coilovers, basically KW v1 with galvanised bodies, only because I'm fussy and wanted to fine tune the ride height.

The ride is very similar to the standard setup, a little stiffer and slightly more bouncy at low speed on rough roads but not a boneshaker by any means. No extra rattles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts