Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Class car... tbh I would have one in my Lotto funded garage alongside an 8C of course..

Funny seeing this car on a NI plate.. it's like it's gone full circle... :)

The poor owner will get some amount of crank calls over this sale.. everything from "Can I speak to Marty" to "would you consider hiring it for a wedding?".....

·
Registered
763 Posts
The poor owner will get some amount of crank calls over this sale.. everything from "Can I speak to Marty" to "would you consider hiring it for a wedding?".....
I just want to know if the Flux capacitor is fully charged, and should I bring my own plutonium to the viewing ;)

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
"what happens when you hit 89?" :lol:
It's not going to happen... see pict... :lol: ( I think there were a few version )

Apparently, JohnD thought about using an Alfa engine.. It was used as a threat to Renault at the time. They ended up with a Volvo unit (?), didn't they? I have a copy (screenshot) of some minutes he made in a meeting (Conf call) where they discussed using an Alfa V6 in the car! :cool: Must find the file and post it here for the craic.. Wonder if things might have been different if they had. The unit they ended up with was described as 'gutless' in the US.. :(

Attachments

·
Registered
7,768 Posts
They are heaps of carp! there is a guy in the States that rebuilds everyone he gets his hands on as they were so badly put together in Belfast.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They are heaps of carp! there is a guy in the States that rebuilds everyone he gets his hands on as they were so badly put together in Belfast.
Very true as the engine was underpowered but it was used in some italian cars at the time but handling was rubbish and as you said build quality was less then good but as a "con" john did very well with this car. If you read the book the one good thing about the car was that it actually helped in the peace movement in the manner in which staff worked together....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts