Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's time for me to start shifting some stuff and the first thing I have decided to sell are the set of 18 inch wheels that I intended to have fitted to my 147 GTA last year but didn't work out, for those wondering partly it was due to the offset being higher and more made to suit the 156 however due to the design they didn't clear the Brembo calipers at the front even with a 10mm spacer, anything higher then the tyres poked out of the arches. I tried to think of other uses but due to the lack of flexibility of them not working with Brembos I've decided it is best to let them go and free up some room, it's a shame as I do like the design. I thought they may have been Zenders at first but from looking I think they might be an older discontiued MAK wheel, I've seen a picture of a regular 147 with them on. I don't know for definite though.

The wheels are in storage right now so the pictures are from just before they got fitted. They are 5x98, not sure of the offset but as mentioned it is more to suit a 156 (that's the car they originally were on from the seller who originally had them) so I'd guess it is more ET40 or a bit more. They have adaptor rings for the centre which are included but not pictured. They also have brand new screws in. I had them refurbished in gloss anthracite, there are some inside markings/scrapings on one of the wheels from the seemingly endless amount of times it had been tried to get fitted on the front of the car. There are also some markings on the inside parts from where the tyres have been put on and now taken off to be put on another set of wheels, obviously you won't see these when whatever set of tyres go on them next but there are some predictable markings there just so you are aware.

Put simply these are being sold as a cheap risk just like how when I purchased them. They will go on a 156 and likely a regular 147, GT and GTV (Phase 2 onwards due to the larger wheel arch liners) however with standard brake calipers and not Brembo calipers (305 and 330). They will look quite nice but again I personally can't really go any further with them and it would be a shame just to have them stored up not doing anything.

I want £125 collected which I'd hope should be tempting enough, again it is a cheap risk and I could do with shifting them quickly ideally. Located in Doncaster, South Yorkshire.

·
Registered
2004 Alfa Romeo 156 1.8TS
329 Posts
I'm 99% sure that it's a Dotz rim. I can't find the model right now though.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the helpful information, had a look at Dotz rims and judging by some of the past styles it looks to be from them. Couldn't find the one I have, closest styled 5 spoke one I found was a Dotz Chronos so I'm guessing these must be called a similar sounding name.

Price is now £100, if I can't shift them soon for that then I do need to clear them ideally so may have to see what I can get scrap value even though I don't want to go that route. Only other remote option if I can't move them is to try them on my GTV at some point.

·
Registered
295 Posts
They seem to good to give away..
I appreciate they're abroad, but would it be worth contacting Krtola on the other thread? It seems many options have been discussed; perhaps these could be the ones!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I appreciate the advice, thing is all being well I'll be selling another set of Alfa wheels shortly and I only have one set of boxes. They are a much more popular set so it's one of those things where it will depend on whether I have to ship them or if they get collected, and I'd much rather use the boxes to ship the others if needs be again due to the higher desirability.

It's a difficult one, I am prepared to accept the fact I won't get anything for them despite them being at least to me an attractive wheel which would surely work well for somebody. Even if I got to keep the boxes I'm not sure about shipping them to Europe however I'll keep it in mind for now. Problem is wheels even without tyres on them are still big and hefty to ship even over here so the postage cost probably wouldn't be great on them going further afield.

One thing I am sure of is the fact that again I'd rather see them go to use instead of getting rid of them for scrap money after all the work on them.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Hi mate, for £50 I'll take those off your hands, can arrange to collect them at some point over the next week or two, if that works for you.
Chsers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts