Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been trying to work out which brakes and pads to get for the 155 today and have been finding it hard to get decent measurements and anything i find online doesn't match either in year or measurement :cry: . is there anywhere online i can put in my chassis code and find all i need to know about it

M

·
0 Posts
IIRC you need the type to fit a 155 with Lucas Girling callipers (a lot of motor factors offer pads for ATE callipers).

Pads are same for uk ones regardless of model.

M

·
0 Posts
look here.... alfa155.org :: View topic - Brake Pads

I posted a picture of the ATE type (don't buy these I think they are the wrong ones) then the very next person posted pic of Lucas Girling ones.... However I am sure you will be able to tell which ones you have from the pictures.

John

·
Banned
467 Posts
I have a brand new set of Mintex pads that were for my old V6. Still boxed.

Think they're different to the TS jobbies if thats what you got.

M

·
0 Posts
I have a brand new set of Mintex pads that were for my old V6. Still boxed.

Think they're different to the TS jobbies if thats what you got.
All 155 pads are the same - V6 and twinny.

The disks are diffrent but not the pads.

John

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
Buy some Ferodo DS2500s. The pad you need is FCP565.

DS2500's are semi-competition pads.. they take a few seconds to warm up but once you've travelled 100 yards, they're fine.

However, if you want "normal" pad material, use Ferodo FDB768.

Ralf S.

M

·
0 Posts
ebay, motorsportsworld (MSW) are good, and a few other places online.

Though they can be expensive.

Ferrodo or Padgid are good sports ones. If you want cheaper OE spec get TRW/lucas pads, they are the most heat resistant oem pads...

M

·
0 Posts
Lucas/Girling callipers.

Just pop in your make and model then pick pads marked for lucas/girling callipers.

or at motor factors they will likely ask what make the callipers are (as the book will list ATE and Lucas/Girling).

John

1 - 10 of 10 Posts