Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
AO Member, 166/164 Lounge Winner 09
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a plan today.

I was going to go to the Alfa dealer and buy a bonnet badge for my Bella. Now contrary to what seems to be the common reputation of Alfa dealers, the guys at Lance Dixon Alfa are pretty good blokes. Stuff isn't cheap, but I don't blame them for that - they're very helpful and nice guys.

Anyway they had sold out and will have one in for me Tuesday. No great dramas, I'll come back then.

The thing is the reason I wanted to get the bonnet badge was because mine is faded and water damaged so to top off the hours of manual labor I put in on the weekend, I wanted to replace it and get the car looking tops.

Now this is where it gets bad.

My bella has been lowered, and has a body kit, so she is fairly low. So low, in fact, that she scrapes on the driveway when you try to drive her up. Its the council's fault that most of the streets are dodgy so they're going to fix the driveway so that my car can go up it.

The thing is that will take 4-6 weeks. Lazy bastards.

So I set out to get something which would work in the meantime. Like plates of metal. So I went to a metalyard and got some nice thick squares of checkerboard to span the gutter. Thing is she still scraped. I needed bigger squares.

I rang them to ask if I could return (they were $50) and they were quite nice once I told them I'd want something else.

The thing is the new stuff is $210 per square meter. No way I was paying around $400 for two bits of metal which I'd only use for a month. So I said no thanks. Once I'd said that, the people suddenly became totally unhelpful. They didn't want anything to do with me, didn't give me any advice AND had the nerve to take $10 from my refund just because. That ****ed me off

Then on the way back it started raining. I'd left the car uncovered because it was sunny when I left.

Hours and hours of car detailing is washing away before my very eyes. Luckily its been freshly polished so it will wash off nicely but its just a fitting end to a shocker of a day.

Oh and by the way we're in a drought here.

On a side note, there was a brand new Black 159Ti at the dealer's. I want one.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Damn, I know what you mean, I hate those counter-productive days which are just totally out of your control. :tut: Could have been a lot worse though!

BTW.. Is the alfa badge on the 166 like that of the 156/GTV, or has it got the smooth sealant clearcoat like on the 147?

·
AO Member, 166/164 Lounge Winner 09
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its like the 156/GTV but I have been told that while the badge is the same, the attachment is different, so I can't really go to a breakers and just buy one.

But yeah the sky cleared around 5 so she is all shiny again :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts