Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if anyone else has had same problem but just removed half a ton of frozen snow from the back of the front bumper :mad:

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Nothing much in the bumper but I removed this from behind my front wheel. It was rubbing on the tyre.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Built up so much in the arches today, that is was rubbing the tyres :eek:

*edit* - same as KB, but no pic :eek:

·
Registered
11,203 Posts
I was surprised how much was at the top of the arch too.

And the front of it..

And the rear bumper..

I used a kids sand spade to get it all out.

:lol:

·
Registered
735 Posts
You just need to be careful with removing it... its really easy to peal off the paint or damage the bumper if you are not gentle (had a crack on fathers Brava).

We still have those old-fashion car-washes with a guy and a hot water machine. Its best to take it off with a strong stream of hot water.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
done mine with hot water and i would say yeah it is a problem especially when it starts rubbing on your wheels and wraps around the wires for fog lights etc

·
Registered
265 Posts
is this really a problem??? its just snow at the end of the day.
It's not, though. It'll be all manner of accumulated snow, water and slush mixed with various road detritus (the odd stone, etc.). At current temperatures it will likely freeze, leaving you with a huge lump of hard, dirty ice. This could well do damage, certainly worth removing after each drive.

·
Registered
212 Posts
offside rear wheel was completly frozen solid with refrozen slush/ice. removed it with hot water but the whole wheel arch was completly full including the coil spring. also removed lot of ice from around the inner cv joint which could have easily ripped the rubber boot as i was reattaching the engine under cover which was being weighed down with all the ice. still these things are going to happen if you get temperatures of -10 to -15, always best to remove it. overall my car has been fantastic in these conditions and i havent got stuck in places my mates bmw(perfectly balanced rwd chassis lol) has.

·
Registered
170 Posts
are GT arches designed to collect the snow inside the arches and freeze it there ?!?! yesterday i started driving, without checking the tires being a bad driver and all.. and then especially while turning i hear this noise from the car as if it is rubbing on something. so i parked to see what was going on, and all tires are connected to the arches with ice, like what keithyboy posted.. and it is damn difficult to get them out, with very little hand space to fit in. i sprayed them with some windshield ice melter, and hit them hard to get out some so that at least the tires won't be touching them... so i don't know if it is my winter tyres, the tread pattern of which is channelling the snow into the arches. or maybe it is just normal... i guess i should clean them off every time after driving..

·
AO Car Of The Year Winner 2015
3,202 Posts
I usually try to park for a few hours in an underground garage, in some shopping centre, or cinema or something like this. Thought the garages are not heated, the temp is usually +3 to +8 degrees and till I do some shopping the snow melts. This is how I cured frozen headlamp washers as well :)

The problem is when I come home from a snowy trip and put the car in my home garage. The ice melts and there is water, grit and road dirt everywhere. When the car de-frosted I have to take it out, wipe the floor and put it back every night :(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts