Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread has set me off a bit:

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-mito-and-giulietta/198899-bose-speaker-logo.html

I know a 17 year old girl who is now a paraplegic after being involved as a passenger in an avoidable accident. Boyfriend was showing off and had also fronted his insurance. She now needs constant care and the chances of ever leading an independent life are slim. Insurance would not pay out and now her mum and dad have become her full time carers because they can not afford any other option. Who knows what she will do when her parents pass on? The sheer selfishness of fronters is making me :mad:

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
I can understand why now, after reading the whole thread :tut:

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've posted my views on that thread but I'm with you completely.

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
guys, i have an honest Q. myself and my wife are insured as named drivers on each others policy, with the amount we drive each car varying quite a lot. could this be considered fronting? and if so, what can i do about it?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, you both have your own cars. No problem at all.

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
it was getting a bit rough on him tbf. most of it was prob just hot air and bravado after being confronted by so many people! we were all young and headstrong once (for the record, i still am, ok?!) but a fair point well made that i wasn't aware of. thanks for the speedy answer rewe, was getting worried there!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think that is a shame. It is an important issue, but I fully understand why you have done it.

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
it was getting a bit rough on him tbf. most of it was prob just hot air and bravado after being confronted by so many people! we were all young and headstrong once (for the record, i still am, ok?!) but a fair point well made that i wasn't aware of. thanks for the speedy answer rewe, was getting worried there!
Are you saying I was young and headstrong at some point in my life :mad: :rant: :mad:

:cheese:

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
I think that is a shame. It is an important issue, but I fully understand why you have done it.
There are so many quotes it won't matter and its still searchable using everyone's friend Google ;)

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Seeing as the thread has gone, I'll make up a story to help you make sense of this thread.
Once upon a time a 17 year old (for the sake of arguement, lets call him Benji) has been bought a new MiTo so he can get 2 miles to school. He posts asking where he can get some Bose stickers to go on his standard speakers and lets on that his mum (who has her own car) will become the registered owner and will take out an insurance policy with her as the main driver and Benji as a named driver. He insists that the MiTo is his, but also that he is not fronting. He boasts that he could easily afford to insure it in his own name but won't because he wants to save his pocket money. Many, many killjoys told him what a bad idea this was but our hero would not be swayed. The end.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
I couldn't post on the other thread before it got deleted but please excuse me for my following comment:

F*****g rich kids :rolleyes:

Sorry.

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
just shiowed the 'four yorkshiremen' sketch to my missus, she laughed her top nads off!! think it echoes the above sentiment though!!

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
plenty of spoilt children everywhere will be on mummy & daddy's policy even though it's actually their own car. like the local grammar school brat across the road from here in his 09-plate golf that he drives like a big gay clown

1 - 20 of 81 Posts