Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK i have a horrid knock and need your help to save me money :lol:.

Here's the thing. When turning right at slow speed and on full or full'ish lock i get a knock.It seems to be coming from the drivers side front wheel and can be felt through the steering wheel. Sometimes it's more of a knocking rattle. The car otherwise drives perfect, no knocks over bumps or uneven roads, or fast bends etc. It only happens at slow speed and full'ish lock. I have changed the ARB droplinks and front dampers. I think it may be the wishbones.Is there any way of telling for sure? And what are they like to change on a driveway with a couple of jacks?

Cheers for any help:thumbs:

·
Registered
67 Posts
id say its your outer cv joint is getting worn and causing knocking, check cv boot isnt split allowing water ingress
and even if it is ok, try repacking joint with cv grease in the meantime. you can do this on the driveway, with just the wheel off. it might quieten the knock, if not, then recon exchange joint should be available. again, you could do this in driveway. cv joints when worn tend to 'clack' . if wheelbearing worn, more like a rumble noise heard. hope this helps!:)

·
Registered
39,044 Posts
It does sound like a CV joint to me.

I have a wishbone knock on my car and it unaffected by turning the steering. I get an irregular knock in a straight line and a knock when I touch the brakes. It has also started to wander slightly under acceleration and braking.

Mine has done 107k on the original wishbones which has to be a record. :lol:

Buypartsby sell CV joints for around £30 each all in by the way. :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Chaps:).Didd'nt think about the CV joint. Being a GTV owner i automatically think worn bush:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts