Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Front washer wasn't working; filled the washer reservior (which foamed up and spilt all over, until I pulled up the little plastic filter part which extends the filler tube slightly), thought no more of it.

Until I tried the washers and got no water on the front screen and quite a lot on the driveway.

Followed the washer tube from the bonnet down to behind the front headlight, found the tube flapping in the breeze. Was looking for the pump, and found a second loose end of tube (all by feel, no chance of seeing anything under all the stuff there!). Managed single handed (no room for two) to bring the two tubes together, pushed them back together, and the screenwash works again.

Guessing I must have tried to use the wash during some frost, with frozen nozzles, and that popped the pipes apart?

Dom.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi, that's what happened to mine but on the rear. Can't find the pipe to put back on so will wait till March when next service due.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
are you guys using summer windscreen wash during summer?
Ha. Don't know what was in it before, but (being in a hurry, new baby and all...) grabbed a bottle of ready mixed 'all weather screenwash' from Sainsburys forecourt. After I'd got it in I looked at the bottle. All weather it said. Good for -4C it said. Great. :depressed:

dom.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
lol yeah. summer screenwash is only good to -5°C at best. that's if it's undiluted.

I use the same stuff summer or winter, with either Ethanol or Methanol in it which are good degreasers so excellent in summer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts