Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone thanks for looking, i have a problem!

When the snow was around the car slid into a kerb at about 10-15mph, it hit side ways and there was a loud knock and all seemed fine.

Then after 10 miles or so there was a virbration, it turned out that the wheel needed balancing with 45g of lead, which according to the mech. is quite a lot, but the wheel was'nt buckled.

All was fine again, then after 30 miles or so there was, its hard to describe, a kinda grinding noise, rough feel, it only occurs above 20MPH or so.

Could it be that the unbalanced wheel has caused wheel bearing issues??

I was just wondering if its going to fail anytime soon?

Thanks everyone

G

·
Hi everyone thanks for looking, i have a problem!

When the snow was around the car slid into a kerb at about 10-15mph, it hit side ways and there was a loud knock and all seemed fine.

Then after 10 miles or so there was a virbration, it turned out that the wheel needed balancing with 45g of lead, which according to the mech. is quite a lot, but the wheel was'nt buckled.

All was fine again, then after 30 miles or so there was, its hard to describe, a kinda grinding noise, rough feel, it only occurs above 20MPH or so.

Could it be that the unbalanced wheel has caused wheel bearing issues??

I was just wondering if its going to fail anytime soon?

Thanks everyone

Bad luck!

It could be one of a few things, wheel bearing, driveshaft maybe?? If you are not happy having a look at it yourself, i'd get it to a good local indie to have a look.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What the 'best' thing it could be? E.G. Least money/time to repair?

G

·
What the 'best' thing it could be? E.G. Least money/time to repair?
It's really very difficult to say without looking at the car. If you had 330mm brakes I would say that the wheel weight might be touching the caliper.....but this is obviously not the case, so that comment is of no help whatsoever.sorry!:)

Get it booked into a garage rather than trying to guess at the problem. Maybe do a search in here to find a recommended garage near to you.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK will do that thanks Sparky, just hope it aint too serious!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts