Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Has anyone else experienced this condition or understand what it is..?

If you pull up on an incline with the front facing up hill, then hold on foot brake, sometimes when you release the foot brake and drive off there's a slap in the drive like it picks up and it's a very noticeable.. This doesn't happen when you pull up and apply the hand brake switch and subsequently drive off by pressing the gas.. that's perfect?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
7,528 Posts
Hi all,

Has anyone else experienced this condition or understand what it is..?

If you pull up on an incline with the front facing up hill, then hold on foot brake, sometimes when you release the foot brake and drive off there's a slap in the drive like it picks up and it's a very noticeable.. This doesn't happen when you pull up and apply the hand brake switch and subsequently drive off by pressing the gas.. that's perfect?

Cheers
probably the hill holder, see manual.

Attachments

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks jwq... wonder whether there's a slight issue with mine... as the thud on pickup just doesn't feel right.. doesn't happen on descent only incline.. cheers though, always good to understand these things...

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Thanks jwq... wonder whether there's a slight issue with mine... as the thud on pickup just doesn't feel right.. doesn't happen on descent only incline.. cheers though, always good to understand these things...
In my Giulia Quadrifoglio, I often find the hillholder releases with a bit with a jerk. Not noticed whether more on uphill than downhill.

Andy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts