Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Putting on some B14's soon, the car is a 2003 and still has original suspension and mounts. Am wondering if I should buy some new front mounts? Also I've not noticed any rear top mounts on parts web sites, do the rears not have them? Or are they just not made anymore?

They are not cheap so I don't want to buy if they are likely to be OK but on the other hand I don't want to hold up the job if I realise I need to replace them and don't have any lol. I live in Australia so I can't just go and buy the parts, I have to order from the UK. Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
808 Posts
I would highly recommend changing them at that age, especially as the shocks are being changed anyway. Will save on labour, as its sod's law they'll need doing in 6 months time if you don't do it now!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Also bought new strut bearings all around, even bought new upper and lower arms for the front.
They are more than 10 years old now, better safe than sorry...
My Bilstein B14 set will be installed soon, together with the Anti Roll bar.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also bought new strut bearings all around, even bought new upper and lower arms for the front.
They are more than 10 years old now, better safe than sorry...
My Bilstein B14 set will be installed soon, together with the Anti Roll bar.
yeah have new upper and lower arms with poly bushes, don't know what strut bearings are :biglaugh:

btw alfa.147GTA you were lucky to get that whiteline ARB as it must have been old stock. They don't make them anymore! But they may still make me one to order for a higher price

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
The rears corrode pretty badly. Defo worth changing the rears given the suspension is being stripped down anyway.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The rears corrode pretty badly. Defo worth changing the rears given the suspension is being stripped down anyway.
I've never seen them at any parts site, so I assumed they didn't have any on the rear lol. Do they have a different name? The rear is just a spring not a coilover type strut like at the front innit so a different setup?

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
If you change the top mount bushes then get original, there are some very poor pattern parts out there that split very quickly, and don't have a separate pressed inner bush. The originals seem to last forever.

·
Registered
66 Posts
This weekend i have tried to install my rear WhiteLine ARB but i had to stop because the drop links were shot.
Going to buy some Meyle HD versions first. So check yours first before you are going to install the ARB.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This weekend i have tried to install my rear WhiteLine ARB but i had to stop because the drop links were shot.
Going to buy some Meyle HD versions first. So check yours first before you are going to install the ARB.
Already bought new ones, the meyle hd ones from alfisti :thumbup: not sure if hd is really necessary, esp as the rear ones are normally plastic! but they are pretty cheap so why not

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Thanks Alan, read somewhere that the 147 doesn't have these "Rear Shock Upper Mount" parts and I need to buy them if putting coilovers onto a 147? Is that true?
Ah sorry not too sure about the 147. Eper shows a similar part with number 60671079.

Hopefully a 147 owner will come along !

1 - 17 of 17 Posts