Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to lower my front as it seems to sit too high.
Do I go for Nivotecs at 40mm
or Eibachs at 30mm
The Nivotecs being the cheaper option.
alfa (3).jpg

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yes your rear looks too low, the veloce has self levelling, have a look at the yellow sticker on the inside lower section of the strut, you will probably have too clean muck off to read it.
Post the number on here as there are 2 codes relating to self levelling.
If you don't have self levelling, just replace the rear with standard springs and dampers.
If you have self levelling replace springs and dampers all round with either standard or better 30mm lower eibach springs and decent dampers such as bilstein or koni fsd if you can afford them. I have Bilstein B4 and they are fine.
Have all the suspension arms checked and replaced as necessary while everything is apart.
Replace the undertray with aluminium type to stop scraping the standard useless plastic one.
Don't go lower than the eibach pro springs unless you live on a racetrack, they are the limit for civilised driving.
You will notice a massive difference in the car as it will feel planted with a smooth ride and no body roll.
Minimum parts list for eibach conversion;

Pro spring kit
Dampers all round
Roll bar links all round
Front damper lower pinch bolt

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Bin the rear shocks and fit standard ones. It's less hassle and less expensive as yours are fooked :( . The while you are doing it fit the eibachs. However you may find that it doesn't sit quite low enough on the pro kit. It says 30mm but it's nothing like that in reality. I fitted the sportlines (50-60mm) to mine instead which brought it down nicely but def not 60 mm. more 30-40 IMO

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts