Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Can anyone please advise where I can get my hands on a brand new pair of front suspension lower fork bolts?

For some reason the thread on my "good" bolts failed long before they where ar the recomended torque (Recomended, 108nm to 130nm, they failed at just over 100nm).

Same story on my front driver side engine mount bolts, failed just as they arrived at the recomended torque, so if anyone knows of a source of these too I would appreciate it.

New bolts only please, If I have to shell out money to replace them it is going to be brand new bolts only!

Either my torque wrench is wildly innacurate (unlikely as I use it on my wheel bolts all the time) or these bolts are made of dog poo.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update, I have found the bolt on Alfaworkshop (it is not under the wishbones section unlike the rest of the bolts). But still need the nut which I suspect is the part that would have failed.

Am I correct in thinking the nut required is an M12 flanged nyloc with a fine (1.25mm) pitch? seems to be a really uncommon spec!

Finally, can anyone confirm the specification of the engine mount to body bolts? guessing 8.8 grade and with a 13mm head would make it an m8? but not sure if fine, medium or coarse thread.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Was just going to say I got mine from Alfaworkshop as a back up when I changed my top mount.
Unsure about the specific size of the nut but I found a new one in a box of bits I've got.

·
Registered
9,338 Posts
Am I correct in thinking the nut required is an M12 flanged nyloc with a fine (1.25mm) pitch? seems to be a really uncommon spec!
My 156 is an early model and those nuts are SQUARE and not locking .. they jam against the fork cut-out to prevent them turning ..

The end of the long bolt is a hex head and I can't shift mine for love nor money!

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Don't understand why these are sold without nuts.
The bolts on mine were male torx and bolted into the fork, no nut. After much grinding, hacksawing and drilling I replaced them with the female allen head bolts that pass through the fork onto a nut.

Part number for the nut is #60657243 or #51737445

alfaworkshop do them

Good luck

Pub

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Gents, Its actually the other bolt at the bottom. The long one which goes in through the wishbone.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Part #15503821 or #60656318 for the nut
#60657242 for the bolt
# 17091074 or #11190774 for the washers

Alfisti do the nut and bolt.

As a last resort get yourself down to your nearest Alfa/Fiat dealer.

All the best

Pub

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Part #15503821 or #60656318 for the nut
#60657242 for the bolt
# 17091074 or #11190774 for the washers

Alfisti do the nut and bolt.

As a last resort get yourself down to your nearest Alfa/Fiat dealer.

All the best

Pub
That's the one. Thanks pub.

Alfisti are normally cheap but compared to Alfaworkshop the nut is essentially £5 each!!

·
Registered
9,338 Posts
never found alfisti cheap ...

try calling Phil at Alfashop ...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts