Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been told that the front suspension arms can fail on the GT.

Can anyone tell me how often these should be changed and how much they are please?

Thanks
Christian

·
Banned
857 Posts
I have been told that the front suspension arms can fail on the GT.

Can anyone tell me how often these should be changed and how much they are please?

Thanks
Christian
Hey hey! It's the weekly wishbone thread!

Sorry - not meaning to be disparaging but everything you are asking has been covered, repeatedly and regularly, in other threads and there really is no point in doing it once more.

Good starter for 10....
Some good links in here.....

(PS. Mods - can we close this?)

·
Registered
265 Posts
See 'Other Fixed Price Repairs'

Alfa Romeo Servicing

I would recommend getting any suspension work done as a fixed price if possible, more than once I've fallen foul of garages shorn bolts costing me an extra hours labour while they drill 'em out

·
Registered
265 Posts
cheers, so the common parts to fail are the lower and upper wishbones?
In 3 years/40k I've had to replace the front uppers twice

In fairness they were likely on the way out when I bought it, a set every 30k or so seems reasonable, as I'm sure others on here will agree.

Also had the lower wishbones and rear radius arms done within a few months of getting the car, I assume first time replaced at around 80k and still going strong 40k later. Anti-roll bar and drop links were done recently at around 110k.

None of these jobs are stupidly expensive but they do add up. Jamie @ AWS has saved me a fortune compared to my local, despite the 80 mile round trip.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts