Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking at the parts CD, the front struts for the V6 and 16v widebodies are the same, but what about the springs. Again, although the part numbers are different it does list them in the shared parts bit (unless I mis-read it). Also they look the same thickness so unless they are longer they should be the same

Does anyone know for sure if the V6 springs are the same rate as 2.0 16v, or are they higher lbs for the for the extra weight ?

Thanks....

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
They are different (not checked CD tho). The V6 springs are shared with the TD model.

wrinx

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mmm, just checked the parts CD and you're right Tim........!

Perhaps it's only aftermarket springs then? My Eibachs are definately for the V6 and TD only. Other sping manufacturers do the same split so it must just be OE gear.

wrinx

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
On the subject of what fits what..

There appears to be a lot of parts on the FIAT TIPO that look the same :confused:

ie Front suspension,rear axle,front foglights,wiper arms and linkages,indicator stalk

Does anyone know if they are the same may be another source for bits wink

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There should be quite a few bits that swap straight over as they share the Tipo/Tempra platform, dunno which bits tho :rolleyes: My parts CD doesn't want to include FIAT!

wrinx

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just in case anyone read this and ever needs to buy a second hand strut, my early 16v struts are slightly different to the V6, and the V6 springs are thicker coil by 1mm.....

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It makes sense that the V6 and TD have stiffer springs because these two engines are considerably heavier than the 4 cylinder petrol ones.

I can't imagine that Eibachs are the only ones that do this - the standard ones must also be different part numbers - as Tim says.

Ian

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For some unknown reason they share the same part on the CD (as Tim said) :confused:

wrinx

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Jus to confuse things some spring manufacturers list the same spring for all models and some list different for v6 and diesel so maybe no one really knows :confused:

Confused !!!!!!!!! well i am so i,ll shut up :confused:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts