Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I had a minor accident a month ago, when I hit the curb hard on a very foggy night. As a result, both the passenger front & rear tyres exploded (I guess not a minor accident :)).

Since then, I've replaced one alloy, 2 tyres, and had the entire front suspension, steering geometry, and alignment checked and adjusted.

Since yesterday, I've noticed that every time I take a speed bump at slow speeds, there's a distinct quiet grating noise. The noise doesn't appear if I take a pothole, only appears when I go over a speed bump. What could this be?

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Sounds like more than a simple alignment and geometry exercise, sounds like something is bent. How fast were you going when you hit the curb? I once it a curb doing about 40 and it did for a wishbone and the wheel bearing (long time ago before alfas)

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like more than a simple alignment and geometry exercise, sounds like something is bent. How fast were you going when you hit the curb? I once it a curb doing about 40 and it did for a wishbone and the wheel bearing (long time ago before alfas)
I was going about 30, but was accelerating, to join a dual carriage way.
But, after that incident I had the entire front suspension, steering geometry, etc check, and everything was ok.

Also, I notice that the noise is not consistent, as today I took a few speed breakers, but there was no noise.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Wheel rubbing on the front wheel arch liners (really cheap flimsy stuff that may have been dislodged) or the carpety stuff in the rear wheel arches?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts