Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

I've just had my Mito serviced with a few issues that I'd like some opinions on as the garage I took it to said that these things can only be done by an Alfa garage.

This thread is about the trim underneath the front spoiler. I'm not sure why it's there except perhaps to warn you that you're close to bottoming-out. I hit mine on a curb and one side is hanging down. When I took the car for a service they said that it was held on by large staples through the bodywork, which they don't have, and the ones currently in are so bent they couldn't be pushed back through and bent over on the inside.

What is this trim for? Can I just take the whole thing off? If I take it to an Alfa garage will they be reasonable and just reattach it or will they sell me a whole new one?

Cheers, G

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is that something I could do? I have had a look at attaching it, but struggle to get very far underneath.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm gonna give her a post-service bathtime on the weekend, I'll have a closer look then. Thanks for your advice.

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
When i bought mine it was hanging off 1side (staple had been pulled out) so when it went in for warranty work i asked them to refix it & the dealership said they'd take it off if i wanted as a few people have asked them before to remove it. Wish i had done now, its been lowered so catches more & doesn't make a good noise so im going to take it off :)

·
Registered
169 Posts
When i bought mine it was hanging off 1side (staple had been pulled out) so when it went in for warranty work i asked them to refix it & the dealership said they'd take it off if i wanted as a few people have asked them before to remove it. Wish i had done now, its been lowered so catches more & doesn't make a good noise so im going to take it off :)
Did you ask what is it for? If it´s there should be for something, isn´t it? Mine is still there but I lowered mine and it is scraping everywhere now

·
Registered
77 Posts
On really quick cars its there to slow the air going under the car, to prevent lift. The air going over the car takes longer to go over the cars roof, causing low pressure (think of a aeroplane wing). on our cars the splitter is probably their for show, but at least if its scrapping its not allowing your bumper (that's painted) to get damaged. I had to replace my bumper and without the staples I used small bolts and secured the lower rubber piece using those.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts