Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi all car has been in garage got it back front speakers not working now.The system is Double Din with uprated front speakers and an Amp the powers them only.Now the only thing that the garage did was to disconnect the battery and the in line fuse .I have checked the Amp its an FLI fl 900 4 channel its lit green that indicates its ok .Is the in line fuse either blown or not connected correctly I had look under bonnet last night it seem to be OK any one got any ideas cheers .I think its got to be the in line fuse as thats the only item thats been touched problem is the bonnet catch in the cabin has snapped awaiting a new one never rains but it pours Its an ALFA i here you all say lol

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
The fuse is presumably along the powerwire supplying the FLI amp. If the amp is 'turning on', then the fuse is ok. However, it would be good to use a multimeter and check what voltage the amp is receiving, to ensure it's adequate.

It's hard to diagnose over the forums, but there's a lot of basic troubleshooting that can be done systematically:
1. use multimeter and check continuity through fuse (ie: confirm it's not blown or of high resistance)
2. measure voltage at amp power terminals
3. measure voltage at amp remote trigger terminal
4. check headunit settings: RCA outputs may have been turned off when power was reset; there may be settings for xovers that are having an effect; what model headunit is it?
5. try using the unused channels on the amplifier; swap RCA connections accordingly

Failing this, I would want to bench test the amp and/or try a different amp. If amp ok, then I would be testing speakers and checking speakerwiring.

Again, hard to advise over the forums without test equipment and seeing/hearing what is happening. Hopefully you can sort it out easily. Otherwise, you may need to visit a good ICE store to fix things; perhaps discuss with the workshop about their liability, if it's going to cost you money to pay an ICE store.

:)

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hI SHINY you were spot on took it back to fitter did all the checks you recommended .Its the AMP thats gone ordered a replacement free charge getting it fitted on Sat thanks for all your help

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
:thumbs:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts