Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And no it doesnt play random songs on a gituar :D . The passenger belt frequently jams when you very gently pull it, and often wont free off for at least a day. Has anyone else had this trouble? I guess I`ll need to change it for another assembly, but I read in the owners handbook that I shouldnt touch it due to some old crap they usually print.

But as its not an older car, I want to check with you lot first incase something has to be done first.

Lee

·
Administrator
46,134 Posts
My drivers side sometimes does this. Sometimes, if you're a bit too enthusiastic with your yanking (oo-er), it locks, as it should, but it also sticks on the way back in. So it won't go in, and you can't pull it out coz it's locked.
The only solution I've found to this, is to violently yank on it, while swearing viciously at it, until you just manage to jar it enough to unstick it, then it'll retract a bit, unlock itself and you can continue as normal. This can take up to a minute of constant yanking and swearing.
If anyone can come up with a solution, I'd be very grateful, as it ain't good for my blood pressure.

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
It sounds like the reel is buggered on your belt Lee :rolleyes:

There`s no reason why you can`t change it just as long as you make sure the mountings are tight when you refit it

Have to say mine is fine but then i never wear the bloody thing :rolleyes: sumat she`s always whingin about :rolleyes:

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its the missus side thats causing grief so i feel a bit bad when jams. Once it jams thats it, you can push it back in pull hard, slow, it wont free off. We drove a 50mile round trip this eve and wouldnt free off in all that time.

I`ve even taken the plastic cover/trim off so the reel is exposed and you still cant free it.

Guess I`ll pm my personal spares guru Nordic :D

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've had the same....just wait for it to free off :(

I took a seatbelt reel to pieces on an old Astra once...there was a flat bar across the reel with an offset pivot, this meant it moved and the flat edge locked it. If its the same set up in the Alfa's its probably just sticking.

wrinx

·
Registered
447 Posts
bazza said:
My drivers side sometimes does this. Sometimes, if you're a bit too enthusiastic with your yanking (oo-er), it locks, as it should, but it also sticks on the way back in. So it won't go in, and you can't pull it out coz it's locked.
The only solution I've found to this, is to violently yank on it, while swearing viciously at it, until you just manage to jar it enough to unstick it, then it'll retract a bit, unlock itself and you can continue as normal. This can take up to a minute of constant yanking and swearing.
If anyone can come up with a solution, I'd be very grateful, as it ain't good for my blood pressure.
I'd like to see you at that moment of swearing :D

·
Administrator
46,134 Posts
I don't know if you would, it ain't pretty. My face goes red, and there's this vein in my forehead that starts pulsing. :D
Basically, I act like a three year old who's just been told he can't have any ice-cream :rolleyes:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mine does the same,ive found the best way is to park ,leaving it dangling in its normal position have a quik pint come back and perfect. ;) patience dear boy, patience :D cheers jimbo

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No problem leebex33 will send you one on Monday in your package. ;)
Does anybody else want my other spare one.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
had that problem, sprayed the whole internal with teflonspay (siliconespray may work also) Problem solved so far ( Last time it jammed wat about 7 months ago)

grz :)

·
Registered
632 Posts
*lol* What Bazza said in #2. Although mine did lock for half an hour once.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts