Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It drives me up the sodding wall.

A friend of mine, every time he gets in the car no matter what position the seat/back of the seat/air vents are he has to fiddle with them so that they are exactly how he likes them, even if its a 5 minute journey. Once he has put them how he wants he then just keeps fiddling with them.

Anyone else get this?

·
Registered
472 Posts
yes, i hate it when people wind down the windows.
it's got climate ffs!

also when they turn their side up or down, i just don't like the controls being out of equilibrium.
an invitation to use more fuel imo.

thank god 99% of the time, it's all about me.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
What really makes me mad is when people get in the passenger seat and then start clicking the window switch up and down really fast before I have started the engine, as if to say "hurry up I want to open the window". Don't they understand the basic engineering principle that they are shortening the life of the switch??? Grrrr.

One girlfriend even dared to put her feet on my dashboard. Now I wouldn't have minded under some circumstances, but I was driving at the time.... :lol:

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
i work with kids and they are a pain in the a55 fiddling with the radio etc, not listening to a whole song, drives me nuts...i hasten to add this is in company vehicle that i will not name cos its soooo bad....oh ok then ..a matiz:eek:

they dont get anywhere near my car and if i have passengers they are told not to fiddle with stuff....its rude, you dont fiddle with stuff in peoples houses so dont do it in my car:rant:

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if i have passengers they are told not to fiddle with stuff....its rude, you dont fiddle with stuff in peoples houses so dont do it in my car:rant:
They can alter the seat if its uncomfortable for them but this doesnt need to be done a few times during the jouney.

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
i totally agree, though i dont like people fiddling with anything and have to have all the vents straight andseats lined up...omg i have just realised i have OCD:eek:

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im the same, I like the air vents and seats lined up. I like the cig lighter facing the right way too.

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
omg we definetely have OCD....i didnt have it with my pug must have caught it from ALFA:cheese:

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I hate it when my mate gets in and slides the seat ALL the way back! he's not a giant! WHY? So next time my kids jump in the back, they're saying 'Got no room' then i have to lean over and try to slide it forward! Not easy from the drivers seat! And he's so anal about his car!

·
Registered
972 Posts
yes, i hate it when people wind down the windows.
it's got climate ffs!

also when they turn their side up or down, i just don't like the controls being out of equilibrium.
an invitation to use more fuel imo.

thank god 99% of the time, it's all about me.
I so agree with you Gaz......on both counts. :lol:

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
What about when they change the track on the cd or play with the volume, that grinds my gears.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
What about when they change the track on the cd or play with the volume, that grinds my gears.
i think that should be dealt with swiftly. there is a line and that action seems to have crossed it. you're well within your right to stop the car and tell them to get out.

·
Registered
158 Posts
What about when you're a passenger and the car is fugging up and they don't know how their A/C works, because their husband hasn't shown them! Or they don't use headlights, until there is a car coming the other way, and then you get flashed, or they leave the wipers on fast when it's stopped raining, or they leave them on intermittent when its pouring...and they are in the wrong lane, or crossing lanes on roundabouts, and and and, and you have to just sit there and hope you get to the end in one piece. And then you realize that there are thousands just like them out there :rant:

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
What about when you're a passenger and the car is fugging up and they don't know how their A/C works, because their husband hasn't shown them! Or they don't use headlights, until there is a car coming the other way, and then you get flashed, or they leave the wipers on fast when it's stopped raining, or they leave them on intermittent when its pouring...and they are in the wrong lane, or crossing lanes on roundabouts, and and and, and you have to just sit there and hope you get to the end in one piece. And then you realize that there are thousands just like them out there :rant:
:lol::lol::lol:

So sooooo true! :thumbs:

·
Registered
472 Posts
What about when you're a passenger and the car is fugging up and they don't know how their A/C works:
but try and rectify this by adjusting said A/C and they're on here moaning about passengers who fiddle.

being a passenger in a badly driven car should be another rant i feel.
i hate it when the oncoming driver gives way or lets us pull out, and 'we' don't feel the need to acknowlege them at all.

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
ok, just to throw more fuel on jays fire.......... what about peole who insist on looking in your glovebox when they get in? halfway tempted to put a rubber c**k in there and some vaseline :cheese::lol::cheese:
that might put them off! unless it is one of my mates, that could backfire :lol:

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok, just to throw more fuel on jays fire.......... what about peole who insist on looking in your glovebox when they get in? halfway tempted to put a rubber c**k in there and some vaseline :cheese::lol::cheese:
that might put them off! unless it is one of my mates, that could backfire :lol:
haha

1 - 19 of 19 Posts