Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
15,000 miles and all of a sudden, my front seats have started creaking!:cry:

Seems to be coming from the area around the seat belt buckle, but I don't think it is related to the buckle.

IT'S NOT THE LEATHER CREAKING as the dealers would like you to believe.:tut:

It sounds like a plastic on plastic thing, it's not dependant on speed or road condition, and seems to be coming from both inboard sides.

Any owners had the same and more importantly managed to fix it. Possibly even more importantly without going near a dealer. (Not my best friends):rant:

Cheers. 427scr.

·
Registered
757 Posts
its the lift up armrest on the centre console . . the plastic hinge, rubs against the side of the bucket seat

·
Registered
678 Posts
Yeah - this really really annoyed me too. It seems to get worse when it is cold too.

After many attempts I have now managed to fix it. Silence! The solution is to buy a handkerchief sized piece of black felt from a dress making / material shop.

Then fold it up to size (i.e. so it doesn't slide out) and slide it where the drivers seat meets the arm rest. Watch out though when you are letting passengers in the back as the felt will probably fall out and you'll have to put it back in place.

This has stopped it with mine. You may also try to do it on the passenger side if the problem persists.

I also tried some leather products but they only lasted for a short time.

·
Premium Member
7,601 Posts
Yeah - this really really annoyed me too. It seems to get worse when it is cold too.

After many attempts I have now managed to fix it. Silence! The solution is to buy a handkerchief sized piece of black felt from a dress making / material shop.

Then fold it up to size (i.e. so it doesn't slide out) and slide it where the drivers seat meets the arm rest. Watch out though when you are letting passengers in the back as the felt will probably fall out and you'll have to put it back in place.

This has stopped it with mine. You may also try to do it on the passenger side if the problem persists.

I also tried some leather products but they only lasted for a short time.
In my case (leather seats) it was the front side of the seat rubbing against the side of the front centre console... I glued a small piece of black rubber on the side of the centre console which solved the problem ( self sticking anti-slip rubber from 3M )

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to all who replied. I have some felt and will give it a go. Cheers. Mark.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts