Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
35,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
There's no suitable space on the front bumper. Not flat enough or tall enough. Those crazy Skunks!

And I mean a normal 520mm wide plate....

·
Registered
35,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those unnecessary team members lacking in the skunkworks have a purpose after all; basic checks such as this. What other factors have been neglected?

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
It'll be stuck on a big, ugly plastic mounting plate like the Giulietta.

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
It's not a new issue.

Do some jurisdictions compel drivers to use a squarish plate like that?

Otherwise, a longer, 520mm plate with everything in one line will fit on the left-hand side of the car, above the intake and below the light.
It will probably need a holder of some kind, but that's par for the course.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
IIRC, it's mainly Japan and the US that have squarer plates but many US states don't require front plates by law.

·
Registered
35,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The point is that even the Giulietta has a relatively suitable area for the more likely standard plate where the plinth can go. It also has the towing eye in a clear area. If it was not an issue there would be a front plate on the show cars as is usual. Perhaps the standard car lacks the big lightcatcher over the lower opening?

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Wasn't there an Italian article that mentioned the Giulia receiving a small facelift? Maybe that's why?!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Wasn't there an Italian article that mentioned the Giulia receiving a small facelift? Maybe that's why?!
If I'm not mistaken there is a standard version in shot behind the QV (has front fog light that's not on QV)... Not sure about the colour scheme though ?

·
Registered
35,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm not in the market for a three box car larger than a Giulietta. If I was then I'd have to feel more excited about the thing. Something sharper like a Ghibli does appeal more.

·
Registered
35,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Got to love a baiter! You really are a master.
What you don't understand is that this design error is indicative of how , under Sergio ,Alfa has lost the capability to sort and develop the basics. That's let alone things like crash performance as it turns out. The Giulietta was not engineered by a skunkworks so any Alfa replacement for my wife's Kuga in 18 months would have been under consideration. Instead they've regressed past the 147 which she made me get rid of for something safer.

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,489 Posts
I learnt from the best w*nker on the forum, at least you've done something right around here :thumbs:

·
Registered
35,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That's going to have to change because they've screwed up. But then you probably haven't noticed?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts